For the second year running, the Institut Cerdà is holding the FMCG Innovation Observatory. The Observatory aims to raise awareness of the challenges facing the sector and highlight the progress made in the FMCG chain.
To increase awareness of the study and periodically communicate its progress, a specific website will be created. This will be under the umbrella of the Institut Cerdà and will contain all the relevant information.
It is also intended to be a space where interested parties can download the observatory’s report and its annual summary.
The objectives of this website are transversal and it needs to meet the following requirements:
- It will be carried out in such a way that it can be managed by the Institute’s internal staff without the need for specific training.
- Its look and feel must conform to the guidelines of the Institut Cerdà.
- It must convey agility, trust and transparency.
- We will create a website adapted to any device (desktop computer, mobile phone, tablet, …), it must be responsive.
- Its contents will be dynamic and should have a news section that will be updated periodically.
- Facilitate user experience.
- It will have a dedicated material downloading area.
To meet the objectives, the website was designed using an open-source CMS for total control. The website was created using WordPress, adapting it to the needs and requirements of the project.
A website with a clear image and concise messages was studied. Dividing it into specific and clear sections to increase the user experience.
A positioning strategy was designed for easy and quick access from search engines. To do this, the content was created to facilitate the longtail and thus gain positioning in Google quickly.
The result is a website that, even with not excessively extensive content, its usability and experience is satisfactory. A clear, clean design, faithful to the client’s image. It’s positioning in search engines was achieved quickly.